Saturday 18 October 2014

When You Become Your Horse's Safety

I have been making some observations about the horses in the past few days.

I brought in two horses who are very special to me last night to get their feet trimmed.  One of them used to be very uptight and high headed when I would bring him in.

The other one, a sweet mare, used to fuss and carry on the entire time she was inside.

Last night they were both calm, low headed and I could tell that they felt completely safe where they were.  The gelding, who would get all uptight and worried when I stood near his "riding zone" on his body, last night pressed his barrel against my stomach and leaned in to me relaxed while I gently leaned against him, his eyes soft and his head low.

The mare seemed uncomfortable and was standing with her hind legs way underneath her.

I massaged an old injury site, breaking down her scar tissue.  She handed me her leg so I could really get at it.  I stretched out both of her hind legs and pulled her tail.  After I was finished she stood all relaxed with her hind legs in normal position.  It was interesting how she "spoke" to me and I listened, helping her.

Today, Nugget, the new guy was feeling anxious when he was getting his feet trimmed.  I observed how he rested his head against me and instantly calmed down when I was beside him.

Story who is usually fidgety and difficult when her feet are being done, stood calm and quiet, resting her head against me when I came and stood near her.

I love that these horses all view me as their safety.  I am thrilled that when I am around them, they feel drawn to my energy and that they can feel its soft, gentleness.  They can truly feel my love and it is so amazing.

They are such amazing creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment