Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Power of Equus

When life gets me down, there is an invisible thread that draws me toward my horses. They are my peace, my anchor.

When I feel like I am lost, a few hours with them and I am found.  The more I am with them, the more I respect them.  In respecting them, I have found a whole new relationship with them.

It is based on such a deep, unconditional love for they give back far more than what they get.  


It is miraculous how predator and prey are able to relate to one another in such a deep and profound way.

Spending time with the foals brings joy to my heart.  Watching them explore, learn and play, so innocent and precious.  That moment when they tentatively come over and summon up the courage to touch you for the first time.  It just brings the biggest smile to my face.

Time spent in the pasture with the main herd, well it's like catching up with old friends. A number of the horses follow me around, nuzzling my hair or nibbling my ear.  Some just like to rest their velvety noses against my shoulder.

I have raised a few of them from foals and they just like to be in my company.  There is a mare that I have nursed through a nasty injury and an illness and she is so bonded to me. She lays her head against my legs or in my arms and just snuggles in.  She trusts me and understands that I am there to help her.  She is one of the sweetest mares that I have ever met.  

The power of their presence in my life so profound and pure.

Just my two cents...  








No comments:

Post a Comment