Wednesday 7 August 2013

Welcome To My World



I am Cleo, a 6 year old paint mare who suffered a very serious injury as a foal.  I got my head caught in a bale feeder when I was 7 months old and broke a bone in my neck and severely damaged my neck muscles.

After extensive chiropractic, massage therapy and even acupuncture, I am still here to be a spokes horse for all other horses who are not perfect.

The lady whose heart I own has been with me since I was born and although she didn't belong to me, my first mom gave her to me as a gift when I was two years old.  I love and trust this lady with all of my heart and she is very bonded to me.   She found me when I was injured and stayed by my side through all of the therapies and massaged my wounded neck even when I didn't like it.  Somehow I knew that she was here to help me and I trust her.  

I am a pretty dun color and have a white face, a white patch on my belly, and one white sock.  I am a very stocky and pretty girl.  I may look at you a little crooked but that is part of my appeal.  

I am a very gentle soul and tend to get bullied by other horses because I am special.  I have a very rare personality and innate kindness that draws people to me.  

I have a calmness that attracts humans to me.  Even people who are afraid of horses like me.  I like to be hugged and quite often will rest my face against my lady's face.  

Many people would have disposed of me but my lady and a few others believed in me.  I let my lady ride me and she is teaching me to mostly be ridden with legs and almost no hands.  I don't get ridden much but I like exploring out on the trails.  I trust my lady so I don't get scared when I see new things.  

I will be talking about various horse related issues that enter my mind and my lady will write about them for me.  I hope you enjoy my blog and maybe you will learn something too.




No comments:

Post a Comment